January 28, 2020
10 fun ideas for Valentine’s Day dates in Elsternwick Village
EVENT ENDED: This article is for a past event.
Steeped in history and dotted with storefronts over a century old, to stroll through Elsternwick Village is to immerse oneself in charm and romance.
This is precisely why Elsternwick Village is the ideal backdrop for a very special Valentine’s Day date.
This year, Elsternwick Village has pulled out all the stops to deliver a Valentine’s Day date to remember.
Here are 10 ideas for creating the perfect Valentine’s Day date in Elsternwick – but don’t limit yourself to just one! Valentine’s Day is that one celebration where too much is never enough.
- It’s a classic date option at a classic cinema! It doesn’t matter if you choose an old black and white film or the latest blockbuster, Classic Cinemas, with its ornate fittings, plush seating and old-world charm, guarantees romance.
- Candle-lit dinners are another traditional Valentine’s Day choice, favoured by the loved-up looking for an evening of conversation and staring longingly into each other’s eyes. Elsternwick Village offers a range of authentic international dining experiences that will transport your taste buds to the world’s most romantic destinations.
- Taking a fitness class might seem like an obscure way to spend Valentine’s Day but it’s no secret that couples who work out together stay together. Here are a few fun ways to get fit.
- It’s the perfect weather for a surprise lunch date. Pack a picnic basket with goodies from a bakery in Elsternwick Village, head to the Elsternwick Plaza gardens, and picnic under a tree that has witnessed a century of stolen kisses and declarations of love.
- Nothing says I love you more than clinking glasses and making a toast to each other. Sip on a cocktail or order that bottle of champagne – however you choose to celebrate, do so at one of these quirky Elsternwick bars.
- Book in for a couples’ massage – a blissful way to get into the mood for romance.
- You need wine from the bottle shop and flowers from the florist. No discussion, just do it.
- Everyone loves receiving jewellery for Valentine’s Day, and Elsternwick Village jewellers have pieces that range from funky and interesting, to sweet and thoughtful, to ‘I want to spend the rest of my life with you’.
- What could be better than planning that long-discussed holiday or weekend away? Pop into one of Elsternwick’s travel agencies and let one of the staff design a getaway perfect for the both of you.
- Now, if you are reading this at 4pm on Valentine’s Day, you’re looking for a last-minute gift – and Elsternwick Village can help out there too. Pop into any pharmacy and pick up a bottle of perfume, or a beautifully presented pampering pack.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to enjoy Valentine’s Day in Elsternwick Village – all you have to do is get a little creative.
Valentine’s Day 2020 events and promotions in Elsternwick Village
Set menu at Hanoi Hannah
Head to Hanoi Hannah in Elsternwick Village to enjoy a 5 course set menu with a cocktail on arrival. To book phone: (03) 9532 4827.
Cost: $75 per person.
Valentine’s Day shopping spree at Party Bazaar
With special confetti balloons, lots of love hearts, decorations and fresh roses available, Party Bazaar is your one-stop shop for decorations this Valentine’s Day.
Find something special at Crabtree and Weeks
If your significant other is a plant lover, look no further than Crabtree and Weeks in Elsternwick Village for a Valentine’s Day gift. They are also offering complimentary gift wrapping.
Enjoy a Valentine’s Day dinner at Via Campanella
With romantic Italian music and a complimentary glass of Prosecco for early bird dinners at Via Campanella between 5:30pm – 7:30pm, whisk your loved one away for a night of Italian romance. Late night dining is also available from 7:45pm till late. To book call 9528 1397.
Spanish tapas at Antique Bar
Enjoy a Spanish tapas plate (grilled chorizo, potato tortilla, manchego and olives served with fresh sourdough) and two glasses of matched wine at Antique Bar. Offer is available all night.
Book here or phone (03) 9523 8999