April 21, 2022
How to treat your mum in Elsternwick Village this Mother’s Day (plus a gift guide)
All our lives, our mums have been our biggest advocates, our source of comfort and encouragement, our best friends and the loudest voice in our cheer squad.
Of course, this presents a mum-umental challenge on Mother’s Day: how do we spoil Mum and let her know that to us she is a woman like no m-other?
Elsternwick Village is bursting with brilliant gift ideas and experiences guaranteed to make it a magical Mother’s Day for your mum.
Treat mum to a breakfast/brunch
Start off a wonderful Mother’s Day with a delicious relaxing brunch or casual lunch at one of Elsternwick Village’s cafes.
If Mum’s idea of brunch is bacon and eggs with smashed avo, grab a table at Bagelicious, which has all the brunch favourites. Or if she is into healthy options with a twist of creativity, check out Penta, with its range of beautifully presented plates bursting with colour and wholesome goodness, including edible flowers!
For something a little bit special and for the mum who’s dreaming of Paris, you can’t go past Bang Bang at the Rifle Club, with its French-Indochine cuisine and popular bottomless brunch menu, or Mother’s Instinct Eatery, and its famous French Mess, a dish comprising a smash of croissant, fresh berries, nuts and ice cream.
Take in a film at the Classic Cinema
If a mother’s love was a cinema, it would be Classic Cinemas in Elsternwick Vllage: classic, graceful yet strong, and about as classy as it gets.
Whether Mum is a foreign film aficionado, an art house film buff, or has a huge crush on Chris Hemsworth, she’ll love a night out at the Classic Cinema, where even the snacks are that little bit more special.
Make it a family lunch or dinner
Sure, mum appreciates gifts, but if you want to give her a Mother’s Day gift she really wants, you can’t go past time spent with the family – and what better way to bring the family together to celebrate mum than over a fantastic meal at one of Elsternwick Village’s restaurants?
Get the family together over cuisines that have family at heart – classic Italian at 48H Pizza e Gnocchi Bar or Etto Pasta Bar, or Middle Eastern family cuisine at Alev Alev Turkish Kitchen or Talk of the Town Lebanese.
Or take the family on a culinary trip around the world, with authentic international restaurants. Check out Vietnamese at Hanoi Hannah, Japanese at Tataki or Bistro Goemon, or enjoy a Chinese banquet at Yu Chu.
We call it self-care, but for many mums it’s called things we never spend money on. That’s why Mother’s Day is the perfect time to spoil mum with some pampering treatments at Elsternwick Village.
Spruce up her look with a manicure at Jade Nail Salon, JA Nails, or Sapphire Nails, or treat her to a whole new look with a cut, colour and style at one of Elsternwick Village’s award-winning hair salons.
Grab a cocktail at a local bar
Sharing a quiet drink with mum is about more than sampling craft beers or working your way through a cocktail menu. It’s the conversations that flow and the experiences shared that you’ll both remember and cherish.
If cosy is your preferred vibe, you’ll love the vintage furniture, old world decor and candlelight of Antique Bar, while Copycat Bar and Restaurant offers that intimate bar feel with a side of sharing plates.
Fancy a spot of live music with your cocktail? Check out the Umbrella Lounge Bar – a relaxed, lively space to while away the hours with mum.
Mother’s Day gift guide
Choosing a gift can be the trickiest part of Mother’s Day – so we’ve done the legwork for you. Here are our best picks from Elsternwick Village:
- A book for the bookworm mums: Books are a staple Mother’s Day gift and with good reason. They offer hours of enjoyment, and whether Mum is into mushy romance novels, hard-hitting political biographies, or wants to devour a new release, you’ll be able to find the perfect read for her at Avenue Bookstore.
- Flowers or plants: No matter what you get Mum this Mother’s Day, it needs to come with flowers – what better way to say that if she was a flower, you’d pick her? Shady Hill Luxury Flowers have you covered. If you want flowers that last more than a week, why not pick up a flowering plant from Crabtree & Weeks or Green Envy?
- Something for the home: Feathering the nest is what many mothers do the best, which is why gorgeous homewares make an ideal Mother’s Day gift. Select from a huge range of table and serving-ware, as well as kitchen essential and artistic centre pieces at Mercantile Home or Dalgarno’s of Elsternwick, or spoil her with luxury linens or napery from Linen House.
- Special and unique gifts: Go that extra mile and give Mum a gift as original as she is. Check out Ruby’s Gifts for a range of uniquely individual homewares, jewellery, handbags, and fashion accessories, including African, Judaica and Australiana products. Or pamper Mum with a surprise from Tonic, known for its deliciously scented goats milk soaps, as well as heat pillows, eye pillows, and stylish cosmetic bags.
- Jewellery: For a gift that will be treasured forever, select a special item of jewellery – an antique brooch or perfect pearl – from one of Elsternwick Village’s quality jewellers.
However your family celebrates Mother’s Day, at Elsternwick Village there are endless ways you can take a moment to thank Mum for the incredible role she has played in your life.