May 30, 2017
Inspired by The Block? Here’s where you can buy homewares in Elsternwick Village
When locals living in a Melbourne suburb woke one morning to find their quiet little street filled with large white vans, blinding lights and lots of people in high-vis vests, they knew their secret was out.
The latest season of Channel Nine’s popular reality show The Block is currently being filmed in Elsternwick and what the producers, contestants and viewers are discovering is something that locals and industry insiders have known forever: Elsternwick is a home decorator’s dream.
The village-style shopping precinct is crammed with designer home decorating and concept stores, which, combined with everyday homewares stores and second hand and recycled goods shops, makes it a Mecca for anyone looking to spruce up a room or working on their own Big Reveal.
If you’re feeling inspired to do some home renovation or simply want to spruce up areas of your house, here’s where you can find homewares in Elsternwick Village:
- Creswick Woolen Mills will provide quality finishes to your décor with luxurious throws, cushions and blankets crafted from Australian sheep and alpaca wool.
- Dalgarno’s of Elsternwick is a fourth generation-owned homewares store – and an Elsternwick Village institution. It offers a huge range of cookware and home decorating items at great prices.
- Da Voluce Lighting Studio houses one of the largest ranges of lighting in the area, sourcing from more than 30 different suppliers. This store is guaranteed to help you find everything for your lighting needs from downlights, to chandeliers and occasional floor lamps.
- Four Corners Picture Framing will help you finally get all your art and photography up and on display. Choose from a range of frames in different styles and finishes to really make your pictures shine.
- Loft 469 is an Aladdin’s cave of unusual and stylish homewares, including clocks, ceramic tableware and footstools.
- Mercantile Home has a finger on the pulse of decorating trends from around the world. The store is great for smaller luxury items like candles, frames and vases, as well as larger pieces such as drink trolleys.
- Mubu Home showcases sleek, Scandinavian-style modern furniture that will transform any room into a space that looks straight out of a high-end magazine.
- Perfect Gifts and Homewares is low on price and high on personality. There is many a gem to be found in this discount homewares store.
- Ruby’s Gifts has an eclectic range of bright, modern and retro pieces to create a chic and elegant table, whether for entertaining or everyday use.
- Screen Fiend will bring your own artistic concepts to life with their custom screen-printing service.
- Find antique ornaments, pre-loved tableware and furniture with personality at a local Op Shop. Elsternwick Village is home to the Australian Red Cross, Posh Opp Shoppe, Sacred Heart Mission, Salvos, St John’s Uniting Church Op Shop – happy treasure hunting!
- Simeon’s Florist can provide the finishing touches to any room, with an array of interesting potted plants and gorgeous floral designs.
- For beautifully-designed and unique tiles, head to Tiles of Ezra. They source tiles from the across the globe and also offer sustainable and handmade products.
- If you’re after functional items for the home such as cosmetic bags, organisers and door stoppers then Tonic Australia will have what you’re looking for.