April 27, 2018
How to spend Mother’s Day 2018 in Elsternwick Village (plus a gift guide)
EVENT ENDED: This article is for a past event.
As Mother’s Day only comes around once a year, it’s important to make it count.
With Mother’s Day nearing (Sunday, May 13), you’re probably wondering how you’re going to treat your mum and thank her for all that she does.
There’s no need to feel stuck for a gift idea for the person who’s been there and given you so much – like most of us, probably more than anything else, your mum would appreciate some quality catch-up time and a relaxing experience.
There are plenty of options for delicious and delightful experiences in Elsternwick Village, so focus on spoiling your mum with one of these lovely offerings for Mother’s Day.
A bumper brekky
Mum shouldn’t have to lift a finger on Mother’s Day, so start the day off right by shouting her to a delicious breakfast or brunch at one of the many awesome cafes in Elsternwick Village.
From smoothies to bagels to fancy avocado toast and everything else, take your pick from these breakfast-worthy cafes in Elsternwick Village.
Catch a classic flick
The Classic Cinema is one of Melbourne’s most beautiful cinemas to see a flick.
Steeped in history, the iconic cinema was built in 1889 when screening a film consisted of slinging a rough canvas screen across the back of a stage, bookended by two gas lamps.
As well as all the best new releases, your mum might be keen to catch any one of the cult or classic flicks the cinema regularly screens. It’s a stunning setting to take in a film.
Elsternwick Village offers a range of luxurious treatments that your mum is sure to love – choose from a relaxing massage or reflexology, or treat your mum to a manicure or pedicure at one of the precinct’s nail salons.
If your mum enjoys getting her hair done, consider spoiling her with a treatment at a local hair salon. With so much on offer, you’ll be able to choose from haircuts and colours through to a lush blow dry and hair-smoothing Keratin treatments.
Have a chin-wag with your mum over a glass of bubbles or cocktail at one of Elsternwick Village’s quirky bars.
Whether you’re looking for a candlelit and ambient environment or a light and airy space, there are several bars in the precinct to suit your taste.
With Elsternwick’s reputation as a stylish and cosmopolitan village, it offers the perfect setting to enjoy a few sips with your mum.
Need more gift ideas?
Go beyond the standard chocolates and a card and treat your mum to something a little different this year.
Here are some gift ideas available from Elsternwick Village:
- Take your mum out for a meal at one of Elsternwick Village’s restaurants – there are plenty to choose from!
- If your mum is the stylish kind, pick out a new item of clothing or some accessories from one of our women’s fashion stores
- Is your mum a sporty gal? Find snow, surf and skate gear at Bumps, enquire about personal training sessions at For Fit Sake or Zap Fitness, yoga sessions at Yoga Tree, or book a pilates class at Core Physio and Pilates
- For wine glasses, pretty plates, vases and kitchen accessories, head to one of the many great homewares stores in Elsternwick Village
- For a beautiful bunch of flowers, head to Simeon’s Florist or for indoor and outdoor plants, Crabtree & Weeks offers a stunning selection.